Thursday, July 30, 2009

Really??

Really, Today Show?? A half hour--spread into two segments--with Michael Jackson's chef?? Really? And within the first hour of the show, when the real news should be discussed? I'll admit that it's been awhile (since February) that I've been up early enough to watch any of the show, but I was shocked this morning to see how pathetic it has gotten. It was like watching a live version of Star Magazine. I guess being on air for four hours really brings on the need for filler fluff, but I was not expecting this. Jane Pauley (who I portrayed in my 3rd grade Christmas pageant) would have died--I mean, Willard Scott's shout outs to the 100+ club is more newsworthy. Last week, I watched a special on Walter Cronkite (sp) and I just hope that he didn't pay any attention to all the Michael Jackson hoopla in the last month of his life. The clips of his news reports were like watching the chapter on the 20th century of my high school history text book come alive--and not checkout aisle trash.

Thank goodness for NPR.

No comments: