Wednesday, July 8, 2009

9:30 AM Phone Call With My Brother

I must write this down so that I can always annoy Teddy about it. My parents are in Europe on tour with their band camp and over the weekend, Ted had an incident with a drum kit that required medical attention.

ring, ring.
K (seeing Teddy's name on the caller ID)--what's wrong?
T--Oh nothing... just a little pissed off at you for telling Mom and Dad about my ER visit.
K--Uh, I didn't tell them.
T--Then how do they know? I got an email from Dad this morning about it.
K--I didn't tell them. I didn't want to ruin their vacation. Maybe because you put it on Facebook they found out?
T--How is that even possible? They aren't in Europe checking Facebook.
K--I don't know, maybe one of their friends did and told them. I didn't tell them.

[pause and grumbling in the background]

T--Oh..... it looks like I emailed Dad from my phone while I was waiting at the ER... oops. How do I not remember that??
K--Because you have a head injury.
T--I should not have a phone that lets me email people.
K--Idiot.

No comments: