Monday, May 14, 2007

Maybe we should just go to Toys-R-Us

So we're thinking about taking our nephews to Six Flags for their birthdays--is that crazy? Jarrid is 9, the twins 7, and baby Joey is 3 (I think that's right).....I don't know about this! Seriously, I love those boys but man, it's enough to make us put off having people babies for many years to come (George and Otis will just have to do). They have so much energy! I really do think it'll be fun, but since I STILL can't tell the twins apart (which is absolutely ridiculous since Bill and I just had our 6-year kissiversary), well, I'm a little nervous. I just want to go to the water park and coast on the lazy river the whole day--Bill won't mind, right?



This past weekend was Mother's Day, so the pups and I loaded up Georgejetta and went to Quincy. Mom and I got pedis on Saturday and a woman at the salon actually asked if living in St. Louis is scary.....There is a new organic restaurant in town, so we had to go check that out....the food was good (my goat-milk latte was surprisingly yummy), but the kicker was that the place didn't have a liquor license! Granny was a little shocked but she survived somehow--what a trooper. Sunday was brunch and in between coordinating plans for the upcoming Holtapalooza, I had the chance to congratulate the bistro's owner on his fantastic accomplishment. See, he's my age (we were in Stage Kids together) and he's already doing great stuff....sometimes I feel like my life is on hold and I'm not doing everything I could be doing. Oh well. My dad looked great, by the way--his heart attack has really made him focus on taking care of himself and I couldn't be happier. We'll be heading back to Quincy for the family festival in a few weeks--apparently Mom has hired a photographer to take a family picture so I see some shopping in my future.


Bill was in Denver through the weekend and is back to being super busy. He has a pager for the heart transplant team at WUMS--whenever a transplant happens, Bill is given the harvested heart to do his research on. It's totally cool but obviously he never knows when it will happen, like today. Oh, big news: he's going to be published as first author!

No comments: