Wednesday, April 23, 2008

My life as a mascot

So on Saturday my mom had a pet parade and fundraiser for her animal non-profit, Paw Pals. My brother and I went to Quincy to help out. Teddy drove a truck in the parade and I wore a beagle costume--like the kind a team mascot wears. The thing was huge, hot, and heavy--it was a lot of work to wear! Not only did I walk in the parade, but I also participated in the obedience training--my mother made me sit, stay, and even lay down on the ground!
The town paper covered the event and the photographer took lots of pictures of me posing with little kids. Attached is a link to the picture that actually made it into the paper. The caption was something like "shepherd investigates Uno, the Paw Pals mascot."

This is my best picture ever.

http://whig.mycapture.com/mycapture/enlarge.asp?userphoto=&image=18531166

1 comment:

Linsey said...

I hear you on the mascot costumes... they suck (HOT). I used to be the NRH mascot for the kids in the hospital and it was fun but gross. Anyway... looks like a fun event in Q-town. It looks like I will be setting foot in MO next week for the first time in 6 years! I am flying into StL next Wed. evening and then catching a shuttle to Columbia for a couple of days and then flying back out Friday afternoon. So I finally get back in the vicinity for a couple of days but I'll only be in Columbia and at the airport. Ugh.