Sunday, January 20, 2008

A Really Lazy Post

1. It's Sunday night and I am trying to convince myself that I can get off the couch and put in two more hours of work before going to bed, but I'm finding it incredibly difficult to do. Besides, then I'd have to go to the kitchen and see just what a mess Bill made while cooking our Indian feast.
2. While there were many aspects of my PD job that I loved, one of the less-noble reasons was the holiday time! I counted on both real (MLK) and random (HST's birthday) to get me through some horrible cases.
3. While the support staff has tomorrow off, attorneys are still expected to be at work...blah. I think I will sneak out to go to the MLK parade (so long as it's at least 40 degrees). I still have a lot of hours to make up from last week's illnesses (mine and George's) so I guess I shouldn't be too upset about going to work.
4. Friday night I organized an impromptu happy hour for Kelly in honor of her excellent transfer to the county PD office (thank goodness she's getting out of the city). Then met up with Bill and the Schnarlsons for Chevy's (ick). Saturday we tried out a new place for lunch that while it had a good atmosphere (despite the car auction on tv instead of the Blues game) the food was blah. Saturday night we schlepped to North County with Teneil for a HRC rally. It was packed and we couldn't actually get into the rally itself. Before leaving to watch it on tv at home, we met up with some NARAL/PD folks and also observed some people exercising their freedom of speech. One kid (he was maybe 19) had a sign that said "Life's a Bitch. Why Put One in the White House?" I, too, exercised my freedom of speech and responded to his message (Bill is really good to put up with me). Today we saw an 11 o'clock showing of National Treasure (I am really good to put up with Bill) and then I went to work.
6. Ok, time to stop being lazy and do some work. I will say that I have reached my 6-month mark at BC and I am still incredibly happy, honored, and pinching myself--that's gotta be a good thing!

No comments: