Monday, September 10, 2007

While Bill's in Europe, I think I'll buy.....



  • 7 pairs of shoes (gotta have some red pumps and tortoise-shell patent peep-toe heels, hello)

  • 2 Kate Spade purses

  • 3 necklaces

  • 10 pairs of earrings

  • 3 bracelets

  • the "Once" soundtrack (I totally bawled at the end of that movie, fyi---sooooo good!)

  • a new ear for Georgie (well, maybe just some meds at first)

  • a new house--think he'll mind?!?!?!?!?!?

here's the link: http://www.cbgundaker.com/search/advanced/detail.jsp?mls_num=755541&type=res



No, seriously--Bill left on Labor Day for his biological pacemaker conference in Manchester (where his presentation was "simply exquisite"!) and as we were on the way to the airport, we got an offer for Morganford! So the boys and I dropped him off and then went into attorney/negotiator-mode and got a good counteroffer and sold the house!! Yahooo!!!!! Only snafu: we didn't have a house lined-up and the closing is mid-October (also, not good b/c I think I have to miss Erich's wedding). So communicating with Bill was pretty difficult since his email options were pretty sporadic, but I tried my best. The house he l-o-v-e-d in Lafayette was just too much and the seller really wasn't being reasonable with his counters so I walked away and spent all day Saturday and most of Sunday looking at houses and decided this one is the one! It's not actually all that far from where we are now, but the neighborhood is drastically better. The house has a lot of great old charms that I just love (it could totally be a Quincy house) but with modern updates that will make the place very easy for us to live in. Highlights include the clawfoot tub, upper balcony, slate roof, Blackthorne and Pho being a block away!! Vietnamese food galore and 18lb pizzas--it doesn't get any better!

4 bedrooms means lots of room for guests.......

So we move Oct 18/19, Bill finishes up his theisis, Bill presents his theisis and then starts in the clinics November 19th.....hmmm......no pressure! Ok, so who's coming to help us move?

1 comment:

Linsey said...

Wow! Looks like a really cute house :) Congrats! I thought there was some sort of condo building downtown in your future but this looks more like you. I just bought some red patent peep toe pumps myself yesterday --- nice! Congrats again!!!!